Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Limited Activity" Day 5!!

I should probably insert my foot in my mouth about having contractions....
I know in every post I have done about being pregnant and the doctor explaining about going into labor and feeling contractions that it has been a crazy concept....weeeeellllll I have been feeling contractions. I went in for a check up on the 6th of January (this was a Wednesday) and things were going very well. Friday evening we spent it at my parents house eating and playing games, as I was standing there talking with my mom, I felt my stomach get tight and had my mom feel and she's all, "Ivy, you're having a contraction."
I had no idea that that is what a contraction was, because I have never felt anything like a contraction before and this is my third pregnancy. So, Saturday came and I was still feeling this tightening of my tummy, then Sunday and still feeling the same, then Monday and the same with some of them being regular and some feeling a bit more stronger or more tighter than some. Tuesday came and it was the same thing, feeling all this tightening from the moment I woke up. Long story short I ended up at the hospital to monitor everything and sure enough I was contracting, WHO KNEW!!!! After a very long 7 hours at the hospital they finally got the contractions to quiet down enough they weren't concerned and I was sent home. Mind you I was only 36 wks and they would like to see me at least make it to 37 wks. Met with the doctor Wednesday morning and I was feeling some contractions..good thing about all this is that I wasn't dilating, just contracting. So, I've been put on some medicine and been told to limit my activity, which basically means don't do a whole lot and after these 5 days I know why.
It has been the hardest 5 days EVER!! I have been so bored and all I do is think about everything I COULD be doing...
BUT I have obeyed the doctors orders and my parents have been awesome with helping with the kids and members of church have been great to help with dinners, it really takes a load off the mind when others help.
Bart has been really good to help too, doing laundry and the dishes and just keeping things up.

Now about being bored..it really is one of the worst things to be. One can only do so much sitting and so much thinking and so much crocheting...
So, I became a Farmer on Facebook, which I do a lot of.
Then I have been doing a lot of browsing around on the internet finding sites with craft ideas and organization ideas...really any sort of idea you could find out there.....I found a bunch!!! I've decided to list them along with other sites I like here on my blog, they should be on the left side. Then any others I find I will add...and I'm sure if there is anything else I find to add I will, Thats how bored I am :)

More to follow about the pregnancy, but for at least another 3 days I am going to be sitting here like a bump on a log :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I haven't had contractions either, and I have had two kids!:) I hope that things go good for you.. Let us know if you need anything:) Post some pictures of our crocheting..